Monday, April 30, 2012

the exhausting unworkeable

Today I should talk about a free issue. So I choose one of my favorite poets, his name is Claudio Bertoni. It's hard to explain to me the reason why I like his poetry, so I will start talking about his life. 
He's from Chile, Santiago; but since 1976 he lives in Concon (in fact, a lot of his books are really recopilations of smalls notes making in his diary in the travel between Santiago-Concon). He study Philosophy in the Universidad de Chile and Music in Conservatorio Nacional, but never finish anything. But anyway, he lives for a time in EEUU and Europe, and in 1973 he published his first book: El Cansador Intrabajable. Besides writer also is photographer , and in 2009 he published a pictures book called "Chilenas" that is a merely compilation of pictures of woman walking in the street with a vulgar comment on each of them.
The first book that I read of Bertoni is called "De Vez En Cuando" and is my favourite book of poems ever. I read this book all the time and I never tire of his poems cause they are so simple and stupid that they can be reinterpreted many times in different situation. I think that it is why I like.
In the last year I went with a friend to a theatrical representation of his poems. Its name was "A Este Poema Le Falta Una Linea" and all of its dialogues are poems of Bertoni. It was amazing!! :D Many of my friends tease me cause they dislike Bertoni, they think that is a very bad poet. Even I kicked out of a bookstore for asking for a book of Bertoni, they advised me to read Nicanor Parra.
This is one of my favourite poems of Bertoni. 


Podriamos Irnos
Podríamos irnos al desierto
Pero a ti no te gusta el desierto,
Te gusta el verde.

¡vámonos a vivir
a una palta entonces!

y vivimos en la palta
y nos comemos la palta
y cuando lleguemos al cuesco
cavamos un hueco
y ahí nos quedamos desnudos
tiritando de amor y de frío.
We Could Go
We could go to desert
But you don’t like desert
You like green.

so, let’s  go to live
to an avocado!

and we live in the avocado
and we eat the avocado
and when we get to fart
dig a hole
and there we were naked
shivering for love and cold.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard about him :O...the poem is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know you, but I think you're awesome. I love U!

    ReplyDelete