Monday, June 11, 2012

all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

 
 

Today I’m going to talk about Stanley Kubrick’s movie The Shining. Based in the homonym novel of Stephen King, this is one of the last movies of Kubrick and is considered one of his classic works. Starring by Jack Nicholson (Jack Torrance), Shelley Duvall (Wendy Torrance) and Danny Loyd (Danny Torrance); this movie was first in use a new technologic to stabilize the cam named “Steadicam”.  His genre can be considered like a mix in Horror and Drama.
This movie is based in the ship of the Torrance’s family to Overlook Hotel, when Jack, the father, got a job as winter caretaker. But suddenly, due to an unexpected storm , the family is trapped and isolated in the Hotel. The movie turn around the different aspects and peculiarity: the frustration and then madness of Jack, the weakness of Wendy’s attitude and the ultra-sensory perception of the kid Danny (the “shining”). This is conjugated with the personal impression that Kubrick give in his movies (scenes likes the bloody hallway, the room 237, the maze, etc.).
It was the second film that I see of Kubrick (the first one was “2001: A Space Odyssey”) and this movie make Kubrick my favorite director (together with Tarantino); although I don’t know too much about movies and I’m not very clever critic; but I have my little and personal selection of movies that make me feel any strong sensation… and THIS movie make me feel a lot of sensation every time that I see C:

1 comment:

  1. Hi my darling! wel .. all the things make you feel a lot of sensations, always.

    ReplyDelete